Caregivers often worry so much about everyone else they have to take care of, they neglect to take care of themselves. Time is precious as a caregiver. Here are a few ways to rest, regroup and re-energize yourself throughout the day:
- Call a friend to listen to you when you need to blow off steam.
- Read a chapter of a book.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Do deep breathing exercises.
- Maintain your objectivity — there is only so much you can do.
- Keep to your routine as much as possible.
- Make time to do something you enjoy.
- Get some fresh air and take a walk.
- Enlist friends/family to help. This will help make the situation less stressful for everyone.
- Connect with other caregivers to find out how they cope with their caregiving duties.
Want to learn more? Check out the websites of The Caregiver Action Network and The Family Caregiver Alliance for excellent educational resources and support services.
Ready to take the next step? To learn more about how GreenFields can help you and your loved ones Get Set 4 Life®, please call us at 630-358-4112 to speak with a Residency Counselor.